Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow

i cant clearly remember what month it was. but im sure it was early this year...twas worship singing time. the first few notes of  a song were plucked and i happily thought "oh they're playing one of my favorite songs.." . i sang not minding those around me.. but sobs were heard from behind me and i wondered who it was.. the sobs just kept coming... it sounded unusual for it seemed to come from a man.. he was sobbing as the song flowed through...

I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what lies ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.


the singing time ended.  as we usually did, the worship leader encouraged us to welcome one another in the congregation. i then turned around to find out who the man who cried was... i couldn't describe how i felt when i saw him and shook his hand.. it was dr. jong, a neurosurgeon in his late forties, physically fit... not until he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer just a few months before that sunday morning..

that was the most vivid memory i have of him, the rest were just simple hi, hellos esp during friday prayer meetings where he and his wife attended.. yes, these are all there is to it. but it cuts me deep within.

Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden's getting lighter,
Every cloud is silver-lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky.

farewell my brother.. you are now in that beautiful place we all long for, seeing the face of Him we long to see...

until we meet again.. 
Like ·  · 

No comments:

Post a Comment