Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Peach Seed


Once there was a rich farmer who had four grown children, the older ones were boys while the younger were girls. He taught each one of them how to plant and care for it.

One special day he called all of them to his side and gave them a chance to choose two seeds to plant. The eldest said "Oh, give me 2 rubber tree seeds, father, and i will cause it to multiply into a plantation and yield bountifully for our family!" And so he gave him these.The second and third were the closest among siblings, and both wanted to combine their seeds. "Give us  2 mango and 2 durian seeds, father! We dream of eating as much of these in a few years and of course sell the rest to buy more seeds!" The father smiled and gave the seeds and said, "Okay then. Just be careful of your health."

"Come dearie,"  the Father called his youngest 16 year old daughter.  "Tell me, what 2 seeds do you want to plant?"The girl sighed and cuddled her father. "Uhm... I really don't know if I should ask for the same seeds like what kuya and ate asked..."  But i sure want to have my favorite fruit-- banana." The father laughed and said. "Oh sure you will have that, we have lots of it. And what's the other seed?" The girl paused and said, "Father, a friend told me peaches taste really good. Do you think i can plant that?" "Hmmm.. that would be difficult for peaches may find it hard to grow in our place. But a visiting farmer gave me a seed just in case I want to try it. Do you still want to try planting it knowing it may not grow at all? You can have have 2 banana seeds to be sure of harvest", the father said with a smile.

The young lady looked lovingly at her father's eyes. After a long moment of silence, she said. "I will surely plant the banana seed and I will care for it the best I can. And I will do the same for the peach seed. It may or may not grow, but still I would plant it knowing it's ultimately in the Lord's hand if I ever get to taste it and share it with those I love."After this, the father slowly handed her the rare peach seed. "Here it is, dearie. Just be ready not to be sad ifever it doesn't grow." She answered him gently, "I am hopeful, father. Please stay by my side as I plant and care for it. It won't matter much if i weep in case I fail. What matters is that the one who gave it is beside me still."
Like ·  · 

1 comment:

  1. We also provide analytical services and laboratory services to our customers. Peach Seed P.E.

    ReplyDelete